Learn More About Our North Taranaki Cattery
- 7 days a week: 8 am – 10 am and 4 pm – 6 pm for pre-arranged drop offs and pick ups.
- Arrivals or departures accepted outside these hours by prior arrangement only.
- Closed for drop offs & pick ups Christmas Day.
- Phone enquiries and bookings Monday - Sunday 9am - 8pm.
Guest check-in detail form:
- If this is the first time your cat has come to stay with us there is a guest detail form to be completed. This ensures we have all the necessary information we need.
- The form only needs to be completed once, you do not need to do it at every visit.
- You can print this off, fill it in and scan to us or bring in with you, or simply fill one in when you arrive (just remember to allow a a few extra for this).
- Please click on the following link to download the PDF version of this form and the accompanying Terms and Conditions. Please note BOTH pages need to be printed and filled in / signed.
- Client Detail Form
Check in checklist:
- A current Vaccination Certificate
- Favourite toy or small blanket
- Any special dietary biscuits or any wet food / fresh meat that is currently being fed
- We do not accept un-neutered / un-speyed cats.
- All cats boarding in the main cattery area must have FULL & CURRENT Vaccination against Feline Panleukopenia (FPL) Virus (sometimes called Feline Enteritis), Feline Rhinotracheitis (FRV) Virus and Feline Calcivirus (more commonly referred to as Snuffles or Cat-Flu).
- Cats must be covered for the full duration of their stay, and proof of vaccination is required at time of check in.
- If your cat has not previously been vaccinated, then this must be completed (including any boosters) no less than 10 days prior to check in to ensure your cat has maximum protection.
- We do have an isolation unit available for unvaccinated cats (subject to availability).
Flea and worm treatment:
- All cats must be treated for fleas and worms prior to arrival, and to have full coverage for the duration of their stay.
- Flea treatment must have been given at least 4 days or more prior to arrival day to ensure cats are completely free of any fleas, flea eggs and flea dust upon entering the cattery.
Food and bedding:
- Our pricing includes Black Hawk and Purina biscuits as well as various varieties of Whiskas and Chef wet food. Jimbos beef and veal is available for an extra $1.00 per day. You may also provide your own biscuits or wet food if your cat requires a special diet or is a fussy eater, but there is no discount for this.
- All beds and bedding are provided, but you are welcome, and even encouraged to supply something familiar to your cat such as a blanket or item of your clothing with a familiar smell of home on it. This will help settle your cat more quickly. (Remember NOT to wash this item prior to checking in as washing will remove the familiar scent).
Litter trays and litter:
- Litter trays are provided for each individual cat in their night cage, extra trays are situated in the communal areas.
- Individual units may have as many litter trays as required.
- Natural pine pellet litter is standard, but Breeders Celect is also available at no extra charge on request.
Bookings & Payments:
- All boarding tariffs are charged per day and include GST, food, litter, bedding and plenty of love, attention and cuddles.
- Minimum charge is 2 days.
- NOTE: The day of arrival and day of departure are both charged as a full day regardless of check in / check out time. This ensures your place is secure for the full day in the event of delays or unforeseen circumstances.
- Long term stays welcome, please talk to us about special rates for long stay guests.
- Full payment (less any deposit) is payable upon collection of your cat / pet.
- Payments accepted on site: Cash, Cheque (with ID), Eftpos or Debit Card. Please note we do NOT have credit card or pay wave facilities.
Christmas / New Year:
- A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your Christmas booking.
- The Christmas holiday period runs from 20 Dec to 20 January annually.
- All days booked will be charged for if cancelled once we have received your deposit and confirmation of dates. If you collect your cat earlier than the confirmed pick up date, you will still be required to pay for all days booked.
- We are pleased to offer a pet taxi service. If you require pick up or drop off of your pet for boarding, a plane met for airport transfers, or if your pet has a pre-arranged vet booking while boarding with us, we can make sure your pet attends this appointment.
- Inspection of our facilities is welcome by prior arrangement only. Please contact us to organise a suitable time.
Terms & Conditions: